Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Get some grit

I went on an early hike with a friend this morning. It was such a great way to start my day. While we were on our hike, I recalled an article I read last night in my Women's Health magazine, regarding grit. I read it right before I went to bed and it was still on my mind, I love when this happens.

So what is grit? Well, it's a mental trait that has an enormous influence on success. To put it bluntly it's an ability to set a far-reaching goal and drive towards it on full speed. The ability to gut it out and NEVER GIVE UP until you reach it, whatever it takes.

Some people are born with grit, but for others don't lose hope, it can be developed. First thing you need to do to develop grit is set a goal that has challenging obstacles. That's why right now I want every person that is reading this to write down a hard, challenging goal and make it your mission to achieve it. Mine is to have a strong voice in helping America tackle it's obesity epidemic. No matter how long or how hard this is........I am committing myself right now that I will one day accomplish this goal and I will not give up.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Incorporate alkaline rich foods into your diet. Your body needs alkaline rich foods to break up acid. Some great examples are: cucumber, spinach, wheat grass, and kale. This will help you in your process to losing weight.