Thursday, April 21, 2011

Summer is around the corner

I can't believe we are at the end of April. Where has this year gone? I remember celebrating New Year's like it was yesterday. Summer is approaching and I want to pump you up, and keep you working out strong, so you can show off your beautiful beach body.

Most people who come to me for help complain about 2 things, time and motivation. I consider these the two "big" excuses. I don't understand when someone tells me they don't have time to get healthy. We, as humans, have one life, one body.......starting right now you need to put your health first and make the time.

I am a firm believer in scheduling your exercise regimen. You don't need to be a fanatic like myself and exercise 6 days a week, start out with 3. Don't go overboard, studies have shown that when starting out if you go overboard you will burn out and will stop after a short time period. So, for now, sit down with your schedule and schedule 3 days a week anywhere from 30-60 minutes per session. Once you get in a pattern that number will grow. You need to take this little time for yourself and your health.

If motivation is your problem then call on an accountability partner, or ask someone for help. Find a friend who also wants to get healthy and make each other stay on track. Also, do a form of exercise that excites you and that you enjoy. Dance classes and sporting games are great. Group fitness classes are also a good motivational tool. If your really stuck then budget for a personal trainer, that's what we are here for....to kick your butt and get you going.

My hope is by summer that my friends, family, and readers all feel good putting on that bathing suit!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Don't drink your calories. Liquids travel too quickly through your stomach for your brain to notice the calorie consumption. Beverages add up, especially alcohol. Drink your coffee black and drink your water cold. Ice water is a negative calorie drink, your body burns calories warming it up.