Wednesday, February 22, 2012

How much alcohol are you consuming?

Hope everyone had a great three day weekend. My mother was in town so, although I was battling really bad allergies, my weekend was fabulous. Nothing like a good dose of mom to make you feel better. I started working with some new clients recently, when I first take on a client one of the first things we talk about is alcohol consumption.

Over consuming alcohol is the fastest way to weight gain. I could never understand how people would let their diet go when it comes to alcohol. As a single woman, dating in LA, I get it, you go out and meet friends or dates for drinks.....but you don't need to over-consume.

You would be surprised how fast those calories add up. A margarita has roughly 550 calories, a glass of wine about 120...you do the math. For the next 7 days keep track of your alcohol consumption to see how many alcoholic calories you are taking in. I reccomend 2-5 drinks max a week.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
To avoid over-consuming alcohol, next time you go out bring enough cash to have 2 drinks and leave your credit card at home.