Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Yoga retreat in Santa Barbara

Good evening, hope you all are doing well. I have had a busy week, but want to talk about my fabulous weekend. I have been practicing yoga for 5 years, and love, love, love it!!!! I belong to a few different studios, but Exhale, in Venice, is my favorite. My yoga teacher there is Jo Tatsula, she is hands down the best!!!

Jo teaches vinyassa flow and her class is not only physically a challenge, but it is also spiritual and meditational. She held a yoga retreat this weekend where one of my best friends and I attended. I have never experienced a yoga retreat.....it was utterly amazing.

We started off each day with a yoga practice, followed by and in depth workshop. Sat. we also had a guided meditation that left me feeling clear and grounded. On the ranch there were so much to do, or you could do nothing. I went on a long hike, went swimming, swung on a swing, read a magazine in a hammock, jumped like a child on a trampoline, and even canoed in a pond. I had so much fun.

The meals were all healthy and organic prepared with food grown or raised on the ranch. Dining with such a diverse group of people, whom most of all, had no judgements what so ever, was really special. I enjoyed every person I talked with. I left the weekend feeling at complete peace.

There are many different kinds of retreats. I encourage you to seek inside your heart and soul, find one that interests you, that will make you feel healthy all around. When you return you will feel re-charged, and ready to face all of life's little challenges.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Drop your vitamin in a glass of water. If it does not fully dissolve in an hour, pick another.