Monday, December 20, 2010

Try a different form of cardio

Good morning! It's Monday, a new week, and the new year is right around the corner. Today lets talk cardio. Last week I made a little change to my cardiovascular routine, it was really effective.

When I am in the gym I am constantly observing. I quite often notice the same people on the same machines. Most of us have our favorite form of cardio, and don't stray away from it. I want to preface that if you are getting to the gym and performing cardio, that is great, I am sooooooo proud of you! However, if you rotated a new machine in, your body will completely feel it the next day.

For my fitness goals I don't perform to much cardio, my goal is to gain muscle. I need to watch my caloric intake and make sure it isn't too low. I still need to strengthen my heart, so I incorporate some form of cardio once a week. Last week I decided to jump on the bike, I did a short, 22 minute interval routine I designed, and boy did my body feel it the next day.

It had been awhile since the last time I jumped on the stationary bicycle, so I used my muscles differently than, for instance, if I would have run on the treadmill. I was incredibly soar the following day, and I loved it!!!!!

It's the start of a new week, today, my challenge for you is to try a different cardio machine. One machine I rarely see being used is the rower. This is a great full body workout. Why don't you give it a try and see how your body feels tomorrow?

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
When you go to the movies bring along a healthy snack. Movie theatre snacks are loaded with calories and sodium, JUST SAY NO!!!!! I usually bring a protein bar, or a small bag of raw almonds to stop me from indulging. (p.s. go see The Fighter, Christian Bale's performance is magnificent)