Friday, July 8, 2011

Eat Pray Love

I have been a bit obsessed with the film, Eat Pray Love, with mega-star, Julia Roberts. I thought I would dedicate this blog to the film. It seems each time I watch this film I get something new from it, which I think is fantastic.

EAT: Your body needs nutrients for fuel. Feed it well with foods that come from the ground, (fruits and vegetables), whole grains, and lean protein. Try and stay away from fried, processed foods. Take a look at food differently, ask yourself, "what can this do for my body"? When you start eating a healthy, balanced, diet, you will feel and look amazing. I do believe in one cheat meal a week. Meaning, don't binge, but eat whatever you want. Mine this week is yummy Mexican food......tonight.

PRAY: Weather you are religious or not. Pray to whatever higher power you believe in. If you don't believe in a higher power, than take 10-20 minutes a day mediating. I practice an hour of power ever morning, it's a Anthony Robbins tool. I wake up, say what I'm grateful for, pray, visualize, speak incantations, and meditate. I've been practicing this for over a year, and it is the best way to start my day.

LOVE: Every day do something that shows you love yourself, preferably exercise :). Take a look at how you spend your days and see if you are devoting love to yourself. If you aren't than start right now!!! Also, let the people in your life you love know it. Tell them, or do something nice that shows you love them. There is nothing more rewarding than seeing someone you love with a true smile of happiness.

Have a great weekend!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
We are in the warm summer months, be sure to keep yourself hydrated with plenty of water. The recommended daily amount is at least 8 glasses. Coconut water naturally hydrates the body, drink it in place of Gatorade (unless you are training heavily).