Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Weighted Hula-Hoop

It's Sat, wishing everyone a great weekend! I had a busy week. I am glad that the weekend is here. I will be taking it easy this weekend. I'm going to catch up and read all of my fitness and health magazines.

A client of mine gave me a new toy last week. If you don't remember, in a previous blog awhile ago, I mentioned the weighted hula-hoop. Shape magazine featured actress, Marisa Tomei, and she uses one to tone up. In her interview she said they were a lot of fun.

Marisa couldn't have been more right. I had so much fun with mine, and I got a decent workout in. There are many different ways to maneuver the hula-hoop, so you can target each major muscle group. You can jump rope through the hoop for cardio. You can hoop it around your arm for muscular strength. Hooping it around your ankle and skipping through it takes coordination, but after a few times you'll get it. These are just a few of the many exercises you can perform with this fantastic piece of equipment.

This weekend, find a form of exercise, or piece of equipment that puts a genuine smile on your face.......it's fabulous!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
This is simple. If it grows on a tree, eat it!

*follow me on twitter for more tips* www.twitter.com/michellebetts4