Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My motivation...Rafael Nadal

I hope everyone had a fabulous 4Th of July weekend. My weekend started a bit early on Thursday. I was invited to an opening of a bar in Hollywood, so I went with a really good friend. Well, we ended up going to 3 different lounges that night...which meant, quite a few drinks.

I'm not a big drinker, it's a waste of calories in my mind. Don't get me wrong, I like drinking wine, but I stop at 2 glasses. Well, I woke up Friday and wanted to burn off my 5 drinks from the night before, so I decided it was endurance training time. I don't perform endurance training often, endurance training is when you stay on a cardio machine for a long period of time, with your heart rate steady in zone 2.

I go down to the gym and hop on the stationary bike, I look up and see my favorite tennis player on the screen. Gorgeous Spaniard, Rafael Nadal. I was going to bike ten miles in 40 minutes, well, I ended up on the bike for over an hour and went 20 miles.

It sounds funny, but Rafael Nadal kept me on the machine. I wanted to keep watching his match, look at his body, and study his moves. My point to this is: Put the tv on something you really enjoy watching, it will give you motivation to keep going!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Use a fork and knife and cut the food you would usually use your hands to eat. An example would be pizza. Studies have shown by doing this you will eat less.