Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Go slow

Hi, it is rainy here in LA. I actually don't mind the rain, it reminds me of home. Don't get me wrong, I live in a city where the weather is pretty perfect most of the time, but I like rain here and there. It cleans our city. I had a pretty fabulous work out today at the gym, which is why I want to talk about going slowly.

A good trainer controls your pace of movement. I started my session with my usual balance, core, and reactive training, then I moved to legs. My last exercise was ab work. I always do at least one ab exercise a session. My focus throughout my routine today was to go slower than usual.

While I was training my abs I grabbed a stability ball to perform standard ball crunches. What I did differently today was I went as absolute slowly as I could. I went up for 8 counts and at the top I held and vacuumed out every bit of air in me. I was only able to do 15 reps.

My point is that sometimes you have to slow it down, it didn't matter that I didn't do a ton of crunches, my abs were killing me by the end of 2 sets. I am also already feeling the soreness. Next time you train, try the slow approach and feel the difference.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Remember while performing ab work, your hands should be by your ears and your elbows should be out of your peripheral vision.

*for more tips*

Follow me on twitter:
www.twitter.com/michellebetts4

Become a fan:
www.facebook.com/michellebettstoughlovemiami

For appearances:
Mike@Esterman.com