Thursday, October 27, 2011

Meditation

I am warning you....this blog will be a bit hokey...but fabulous! Last week I went to a Q & A featuring funny man actor, Josh Radnor. I love hearing successful people speak, it gives me motivation, and I believe you learn from other successful humans, regardless of their profession. What I loved hearing Mr. Radnor talk about was that he is big on meditation, he's been practicing for 8 years.

If you've been reading my blog, you know that, I too, am big on meditation. I first practice meditating every morning in my Tony Robbins, "Hour of Power", but I also find yoga a great form of meditation. I'm an over analytical thinker, and I swear to you, while I am meditating, my brain is clear and shut off. It's oh so wonderful.

So what is meditation? Honestly, it's whatever you make of it. Meditation is for you, and how you clear your mind. I've been fortunate to attend a guided mediation with my yoga instructor on our yoga retreat. I've also done the guided meditation on the iphone app. Guided meditation is when the instructor is there to tell you when to breathe and for how long to hold the breathe. Since yoga is all about breathe, it is a form of meditation.

Bottom line, meditating can be long, short, with someone, or alone. All it really is about is breathing and stilling your mind.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!


xoxo
Michelle


TIP OF THE DAY:
Our everyday lives are so stressful, please make some time today to sit, breathe, and quite your mind. Even if it's only for 5 minutes, it still helps!!!


*for more info and tips*

Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/michellebetts4
Become a fan: www.facebook.com/michellebettstoughlovemiami
Appearances: www.Mike@Esterman.com