Friday, September 30, 2011

Add low impact sessions

Happy Friday, and an end to September. I have a feeling Oct. is going to be fantastic. I am welcoming the fall. A client of mine pulled her hamstring while taking a group fitness class, so when I saw her this week, we had a low impact training session.

A very easy way to explain a low impact workout is that it's easy on your joints. It is very necessary to incorporate low impact workouts in your fitness regimen, especially if you train frequently. An example of low impact training would be yoga or pilates.

With low impact training you are still burning calories and using your muscles. In my client's case, we had to completely stay away from her hamstring, but we did a ton of upper body work, and many moves she was seated or in supine position (on her back). When I recieved her follow up email, (I require all my clients to check in and let me know how they are feeling), she let me know that she was really sore. Point being: You can still have a great session even though it's low impact.

Be kind, and take care of your body. If you train 4 or more times a week, break it up with low impact exercise. Enjoy the weekend.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
No eating from a serving bowl, out of a big bag, or while standing at the kitchen counter. Get a dish and put a serving of your food in/on it, and you will eat less.

*for more tips and info follow my other sites/become a fan*

www.twitter.com/michellebetts4
www.facebook.com/michellebettstoughloveMiami (fan page)

*for apperances*
Mike@Esterman.com