Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Find a healthy release

It's been rainy here in LA, the weather has officially changed. I've had a VERY "off" day. I woke up early, it was things as usual, however, as the day progressed it kept getting worse and worse. Usually I can shake it with a Tony Robbins CD, happy music,.......something. I couldn't shake it.......until yoga.

I'll be honest, I was sitting in my apartment ready to just pull the covers over my head and call it a day. My yoga studio is in Santa Monica, it was raining, and I didn't feel like the drive from Hollywood. I called one of my best friends, and yoga partner, he couldn't make class. He told me to go, that it would make me feel better, and he was right.

I'm starting to get really in tune with my emotions and now I am certain that if I'm having a bad day, an easy fix is yoga. The best way to explain how I'm feeling now is simply: at peace. I was able to release the bad day I was having, shut down my mind, and have an intense workout (I pushed myself like a maniac).

We live in a crazy, hectic world where stress is thrown at us sometimes at all angles. I encourage you to explore how you can release your stress with a form of exercise. Most people turn to food and start emotional eating, don't be like most, use your stress to become healthier.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
There are about 3500 calories in one pound. An easy way to calculate your calorie intake is recording it in a diary. The iphone offers a food diary app., daily burn. You can download it free at dailyburn.com