Sunday, October 10, 2010

Learn how to use equipment

My wonderful mother is visiting me. I love her dearly, however, she is unhealthy. As she was unpacking her things, I was shocked when she pulled out her prescription bag. I understand that she's older, (in her 50's), and when you get older you might need some pharmaceutical aid, but I hated seeing all those bottles.

Now that I am a fitness professional my mother seemed to listen and pay more attention to me in regards to health and fitness. She even let me train her in the gym yesterday, that made me sooooooo happy. She has joined a gym and is trying to lose weight, but she doesn't know how to use any of the machines, which got me thinking.

The equipment in gyms are intimidating if you don't know how to use them correctly. This makes people stay away from them. If you are a member in a gym and are unsure, intimidated, scared, etc. to use the equipment, then please ask an employee for some assistance. Do not try and figure it out yourself, you can risk injury. Remember that you pay for a service and it comes with your membership. Most gym employees are happy to show you what the machines can do.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Take a look at your pots and pans and make sure they have not worn down. If they have you may be putting your health at risk.