Friday, October 29, 2010

Reaching a small goal

Today during my training at the gym I was really struggling. I worked last night, so I was a bit more tired than usual. Many people I know have come down with the flu, so I'm trying to keep my immunity up and fight those germs. I was just weaker, and I hated it.

I turned on Eminem to give me some energy, (I LOVE his music), and started my routine. While I was training my biceps I thought back to a memory from middle school. Once a year, during physical education, the school would test the students on various sporting activities. I could NEVER do a pull-up, not even half of one.

My upper body has always been weaker than my lower body. Going through the education in becoming a certified personal trainer, I have learned so much about gaining muscle and my upper body is becoming much more stronger. Today, I put my knowledge and hard work to the test, and won a big challenge. I completed 4 sets of 4 pull-ups!!!!!!!!

This doesn't sound like a big deal, but for me it's HUGE. I made myself a goal, I achieved it, and feel fantastic. My entire life I couldn't complete a pull-up, and now I can. Next week I'm going to do even more!

Today, I encourage you to set a small goal, when you reach it, you will feel incredible and it will give you momentum for more. I was completely struggling today, and now I'm a big ball of happy energy!!!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
To avoid eating all of your leftover Halloween candy, dump your whole basket to your lucky last trick or treater. You will make this child's night, and won't have the temptation around.