Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Know when to take it easy

I just got in from training and let me just tell you, I already hurt. Today I trained my back and shoulders, I really pushed myself. I usually warm up with 10 minutes of running, but I have lost a little weight, so I had to cut that out this week. I am trying to gain muscle, increase mass, so losing weight is a bad thing for me.

A client of mine told me Sat. that she felt a little run down. While I was training her, I made a mental note of this, and took her session down a notch. When I left I did tell her to eat, eat, eat. Most people when they don't feel well, don't consume enough good nutrients, which in turn makes you feel worse. I also told her to stay out of the gym the next few days.

Well, let's just say she is full blown sick at this point. What most people don't realize is that if you train when your immunity is low, when you are sick, it makes you worse, not to mention you can infect any other members of your gym. When you feel as though you are getting sick, please take a few days off. Don't risk becoming really sick, which leads to missing a few weeks.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
To prevent acne breakouts on the sides of your face, wipe down your ipod cords with alcohol.