Friday, October 22, 2010

Please Read

I found out last night that a friend of mine has a brain tumor. A happy man, in his 30's, who is in relatively good health,has a brain tumor. Did I mention he has a beautiful little daughter named Sasha.

As I type this he is in surgery. His family was visiting, thank god, and they made him go see a Dr. I'm not putting him at blame, but, like most people, he thought it was nothing. His back hurt, had some headaches, etc......he just lived with the minor pains and put off making a Dr.'s appointment. I am not a medical practitioner, I didn't go to medical school, I only know what I read, learn, and feel .

What I do know is that most people don't go to the Dr. for various reasons. What I do know is that early detection of any type of ailment puts you at a higher rate of surviving it. What I do know is that no one knows your body better than yourself and when something is wrong it tries to tell you.

Today I beg and plead with you to please check in with your body. Is there something that doesn't feel right? Has something been persistent, that hasn't gone away? When was the last time you had a physical and had bloodwork done? Please make sure you are in good health before it is to late.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
LISTEN TO YOUR BODY AND TAKE ACTION IF IT'S TELLING YOU SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!