Friday, October 8, 2010

lose a pound a week

It's Friday evening, the weekend is officially here. Hope this week was good for all of you. I had a very busy, productive week. My training has been really strong, I am progressing well. Today I trained my back and shoulders, I Incorporated a new exercise and I'm pretty soar.....love it!

I read fitness magazines and journals everyday to find different ways to exercise and keep my mind, body, and soul healthy. An article that struck me was on weight loss and the aftermath. There has been studies that have proven if you lose a lot of weight really fast, that a high percentage of people end up putting the weight back on.

The success stories were of people who aimed to lose one to one and a half pounds a week. This means it might take you a bit longer to hit your goal. You will, however, keep it off.........which is ultimately what we all strive for.

To lose a pound a week you need to have a 500 calorie deficit a day. Remember, a pound is 3500 calories. So, 500 x 7 =3500. If you are struggling with weight loss, try and cut back 500 calories a day. In time you will reach your goal without depriving yourself of meals and needed nutrients.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Keep each meal focused on one bold, hot flavor. Loading your plate with too many tastes or aromas may trigger the production of hunger-inducing hormones that can make you overeat without realizing it. Keep the flavor simple but make it stand out. Go for spices like crushed red pepper, paprika, and chili powder, all of which contain capsaicin, a compound that may increase satiety and help you eat less.