Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Alcohol Intake

I hope everyone had a fabulous Holiday weekend. I know I sure did. I spent my long weekend doing many different things. One time during the weekend I consumed alcohol, I was at the London hotel Sunday afternoon, I designated that time in which I could drink.

The very first thing I ask while assessing a new client is what their alcohol intake is per week. I ask this because over drinking is a very easy way to gain weight. I tell my clients to limit their alcohol intake, to try and only have 2 drinks per week. You would be surprised how fast the calories add up when consuming alcohol.

I understand this can be a bit challenging, try and schedule the time you drink your allotted amount of alcohol. An example would be that I knew I was going to have some fun Sunday afternoon, so even though I went to a birthday dinner Friday night, I didn't drink. Sunday was the only time I consumed alcohol, and only a few drinks.

Not drinking is very easy for me, I'm not a big drinker, I'm a health nut and would rather eat my calories than drink them. If you make it a habit, to only drink a few drinks a week, it will just become second nature. Before you know it you won't even want any alcohol at all. There are many times I go months without drinking. Try this, you and your body will thank me for it.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
An easy way to stop yourself from over drinking is to have a large glass of water in between every drink. You should be able to stop at two.

*follow me on twitter*
www.twitter.com/michellebetts4