Monday, September 12, 2011

Training With Weights

It's Monday, I just got in from my training session and I feel great. I have an upcoming photo shoot, so I am really going to be pushing myself this week. A few days I'm going to do double time, meaning, two sessions a day.

While I was on the portion of my resistance training, or for most, weight training, it came to me that some people don't know how to properly lift weights. So here are a few simple tips:

*Know what result you want. For instance, if you want to get bigger, lift less repetitions with a heavier weight. If you want to get lean with little muscle growth, choose a lighter weight with more repetitions.

*When you want to achieve muscle growth the last four reps should be very difficult. An example would be if you are doing 3 sets of 12 repetitions, by rep 8 it should be really hard and almost unbearable by the third set.

*Make sure to rest in between sets so your body can recover it's energy systems. Depending on your goal, rest between 30 sec-2 minutes.

*After training be sure to replenish your carbs, there is a 60 minute window, if you don't refuel, your body with take and store energy inproperly.

These are just a few tips, have a great workout week!!!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
When you are performing a standard bilateral squat (with or without weights) if you are in correct posture you should be able to lift your toes.

*for more tips follow me on twitter and become a fan of my facebook page*

www.twitter.com/michellebetts4
Michelle Betts Tough Love Miami Fan Page