Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Slow and Steady

A new client of mine is seriously kicking butt. We train three times a week and she let's me really push her. In the first few weeks of training she got really discouraged. She has been working so hard, but was expecting faster results. My philosophy: Slow and steady wins the race.

I read a ton of health and fitness publications. Most studies claim that people who lose 1-3 lbs a week keep it off for good. As a fitness professional, I completely agree with this. It's a goal I set for most of my clients. I always tell them that even if they only lose 1 lb, that the 1lb is NEVER coming back.

Please don't be discouraged if you are only seeing small results. Small results in the long run add up. Stay disciplined and keep going with your fitness regimen. It will eventually become a lifestyle.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
1 lb is roughly 3500 calories. If you take out 500 calories a day from your daily diet, you should lose about 1lb a week.

*for more tips follow me on twitter and become a fan on facebook*

www.twitter.com/michellebetts4
www.facebook.com/michellebettstoughlovemiami