Monday, November 8, 2010

My week off

Happy Monday, I hope you all are having a great day! I had to take a week off my blog to take care of myself. I got a really bad case of food poisoning, followed by symptoms of a cold. It was absolutely horrible, I felt weak all week. Today is the start of a new week though, and I'm feeling much better.

I did want to share an interesting experience with you. Anyone who reads my blog knows my favorite grocery store in LA is Erewhon. It's a natural food store that caters to raw foodies, macrobiotics, and vegans. It's a bit pricey, but it's worth it to me.

Friday afternoon I was still feeling under the weather, and I knew I had to be up late working at night. I went to Erewhon and sat down at there tonic bar for the first time. THIS TONIC BAR IS UTTERLY AMAZING!!!!! I told the two men behind the counter (Truth and Jason), what was going on with me, and they mixed up all natural concoctions to help me feel better. There was an immunity shot, an antibiotic shot, and a warm immunity tonic.

I spent about an hour sitting there drinking, watching them brew many different tonics, shakes, and shots: I was fascinated. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE western medicine and believe if you don't feel well that you should always go see your medical doctor. I do also believe, however, in herbs and natural products. I woke up Sat. morning feeling a hundred times better, what they made for me worked.

It's the beginning of the week, get to the gym, and start out strong!!!!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
I wanted to share with you my personal recipe for the best shake ever. I make one for myself right after my training. It's soooooo good for you and fabulous, if I do say so myself. Try it, and let me know what you think.

1 scoop of inner armour protein powder (you can order it at bodybuilding.com)
1 scoop of amazing grass gluten free and raw wheat grass (bought at whole foods)
1 scoop of Sambazon organic freeze-dried acai (bought at any health food store)
2 tablespoons of golden flax seeds
1/2 an average size pomegranite

Mix with about six ounces of water, blend, and enjoy!!!!!