Thursday, November 18, 2010

Litmus test

I just had a fantastic training session, today I worked my legs and rocked out to Katy Perry. Her new album is pretty upbeat, it really gets me going. While I was training I thought about a new client I'm working with.

Before I take a client I meet and assess with the person. It's fast and pain free. I try and gauge how serious they are and what level I need to push em and be on em. I find out their goals to see if I'm the right trainer for them. After the initial assessment we come up with a regimen and plan. This is where my litmus test comes into play.

The first week I'm not aggressive, I sit and wait. I take notes if the client flakes completely, gives me an excuse, etc. Don't get me wrong, I understand that things come up....we live in a busy world, however, I can generally tell what's up. Week number two is when the drill sergeant comes out, as my mother says, "Your mean". Frankly, it's not my job to be nice, and if I have to be mean to get you going, I'm completely capable of that.

Today come up with your own personal litmus test. Find out what you are stalling on and make a plan, whatever that be, to get going. We are in full blown holiday mode where the average person puts on the pounds, this is the time to work harder and not hold back.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Spread 2 tbsp. peanut butter on whole wheat bread with a sliced banana and drink an 8 oz glass of skim milk for a great meal. You will feel full and keep your blood sugar steady. The meal has 511 calories, 25 grams of protein, 19 grams of fat, and 8grams of fiber and it is yummy, yummy, yummy.