Thursday, November 11, 2010

A plateau

The other day when I was training my legs, during my training It was a difficult workout. I pushed myself, and I was exhausted after my session. I train myself on a split system. This is where you take and spend a whole day of training on a body part, and alternate body parts throughout the week. An example would be Monday: legs, Tuesday: biceps and triceps, Wednesday: Back and Shoulders, etc. The following day after I killed my legs, I wasn't very soar.

This leads me to talk about when your body plateau's. It's not that I didn't work hard or push myself, my muscles have just become use to the exercises and stress. There is a pretty simple remedy to fix this. All you have to do is change it up. This means next week I will incorporate new exercises with different weights, and take out older exercises I have been doing for awhile.

A good rule to follow is changing your routine about every 12 weeks to avoid a plateau. Increasing weight and changing the amount of repetitions needs to change constantly though. Always listen to your body, and remember, the last two repetitions should be really difficult.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape and size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Research found that 20 minutes of walking a day is enough to safeguard against stroke, which kills more than 80,000 women every year. An easy way to add a little more steps into your day is by parking further away and taking the longer way to walk to work, or taking a nice walk during your lunch break or after dinner.