Monday, September 13, 2010

Be happy with what you were given

I almost took today off from training, however, my schedule this week is a little more hectic than usual...... so I made myself get to the gym. Once I was there, I kicked major butt and have now started off my week strong. What a great feeling!

Last night I read a very interesting article from Governor Schwarzenegger's daughter, Katherine. She has a book coming out called, Rock What You've Got (when I host my book club this will be my choice book). In the article I read, she opened up about how for years she disliked the way she looked. Now, she embraces her looks, and is trying to start a body image revolution, teaching woman to love what they were given.

We all go through times where we are unhappy with some aspect of our figure, that's absolutely normal. However, I'd really love for you to think about yourself and your body and really appreciate what you were given. I'm on the shorter side, I will never have long legs......and that's ok, I'm still happy with my 5'4 frame.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
To burn extra calories jump rope through your strength-training moves. Ten minutes of fast skipping burns 128 calories (it's only 10 minutes, you can do it).