Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm back re-charged

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a safe, fabulous, Labor Day weekend. Mine was very mellow, I've been playing catch up since my return from the Dominican Republic. The best word I can describe DR is simply: paradise. I have never traveled to the Caribbean, and knew very little about DR, my girlfriend was the one who researched it. It exceeded all of my expectations.

We stayed in an all inclusive, really nice, resort. This is, again, something I have never experienced. What sort of "shook" me was that the Dominican's were so happy. Every single one I came in contact with. They live in a third world country, make hardly any money, and they are filled with happiness. So polite and engaging.....it was so refreshing, and put things into perspective for me.

The food for me was the only weakness on the trip (are you surprised). I guess you can say I'm a picky eater, but I made do and took all my vitamins and supplements. On the island there were hardly any greens.....I was going crazy. I wanted my spinach, kale, asparagus, broccoli, etc. Like I said, I made do, it was my vacation.

The fitness center on the resort was awesome! I got up every morning and trained. I did notice that due to the humidity my training was more difficult. It made me realize that athletes who live in humidity have an advantage over the rest of us.......which is cool, I have never thought about climate in the sense of training.

During my whole trip I never once made a phone call or went online, it was really lovely to be away from mass media. Now, I'm back in LA re-charged ready to excel in all my endeavors. It's pretty fabulous how going away will do that to you, and I can't wait for yoga later this evening!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
When you order a salad substitute nutrient enriched spinach for the iceberg lettuce. Beleive me when I say, I missed this on my trip.