Monday, July 5, 2010

Are you eating enough

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I actually celebrated Friday night with my best friend Ben. We went out and had a blast. I spent all day studying for my big test yesterday. I have scheduled it and have so much to prepare for. This test is crazy, I can't believe all of the information that I am required to know.

I've had a lot on my mind recently, so today I decided to cycle for over an hour. I completely got out of my head and had a fantastic ride, followed by a quick ab routine. I burned an enormous amount of calories today so I will be consuming more food than usual. I need to nourish my body and replace my energy sources. I need to eat enough to gain lean body mass.

This got me thinking about food, nutrition, and body images. I'm not going to lie, there was a time when I was WAY to skinny. I was obsessed with what I ate and I really didn't look that good. During this time I was doing cardio like a mad woman. If I knew then what I know now.

I can't reiterate how important nutrition is. Your body is your temple, you have to feed it properly. If you are eating a balanced, healthy diet you can consume a lot of food. During my mission to becoming a fitness professional I have seriously increased my food consumption............ and I have stayed the same size. It doesn't matter how much you workout and train, if your body isn't getting the proper nutrients you will not see the results. Please, FEED YOUR BODY CORRECTLY!!!!!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
A good way to start developing a healthy diet is to focus on adding healthy, nutrient rich foods. Don't focus on eliminating the bad foods. By adding good foods to your diet in a consistent manner, the bad foods will eventually go away, and you will quit craving them.