Monday, July 19, 2010

Find a passion!

Happy Monday everyone, I can't believe it's already the evening. I still have a guest staying with me, so my day has been off schedule. I did however manage to make it to the gym, of course, and perform my treadmill routine. I try and perform this routine once a week, or I rotate it with my endurance training on the bicycle. My treadmill routine consists of basic running, interval hills, sprinting, 10lb hand weights, side shuffling, and walking lunges. It's a full body routine I designed, it's pretty difficult, but the rewards are fabulous!

As most of you know, I fractured my ankle in Dec., and was unable to walk for a couple of months. Due to this injury I had to quit one of my passions: aerial pole dancing. Well, now that my injury has pretty much healed, for my birthday in May I bought an x-pole sport and recently had it installed in my living room. I can't begin to tell you how good it makes me feel to be practicing on my pole. This is a form of exercise that challenges my strength, (I perform acrobats), as well as just makes me happy. I was stressed out the other day, so I turned my music on, and played on my pole..... it completely changed my mood.

Take 15 minutes tonight and make a list of what form of movement or exercises makes you feel good. What are you passionate about that involves physical activity? Some examples could be yoga, hiking outdoors, salsa dance classes, rollerblading, taking a walk along the beach....the list goes on and on. Whatever your passionate about, go out and start doing it. Life is short, please try to find joy in every day. Have a beautiful, healthy night!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Sip before you snack. A nutritionist I met recently told me the nerve signals that go to your brain don't differentiate between hunger and thirst. This means if you think your starving you may just be thirsty.