Thursday, July 1, 2010

Small setbacks

After my mother left yesterday I immediately started straightening up my apartment. My hand held vacuum, a cone vac, died on me. As I was taking it to the trash chute it slipped through my hands and landed directly on my big toe. I can't explain the excruciating pain. The first thing that went through my mind was how in the world I was going to do my sprinting, or any cardio for that matter.

Instead of focusing on my pain and the negative, I remembered what it felt like to fracture my ankle and not be able to walk. I put on my gym clothes and went downstairs. I was in fact unable to perform cardiovascular exercise, but I sure killed my legs and abs with weights. Today, still unable to perform cardio work, I completely used all my strength and energy training my arms. At this point my whole body hurts, which is a feeling I welcome.

The point to all of this is, yes, it sucks, my toe is killing me........however, I didn't let it keep me from taking care of myself. It would have been easier to do nothing and blow everything off. Keeping yourself in good health does take hard work, but I love myself, and it's worth it. In life we will all go through some type of setbacks, big or small, when this happens try and find a positive in it and keep on going.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Line dry your workout apparel instead of throwing the gear in the dryer with the rest of your laundry. High heat and fabric softners break down the wicking properties of performance fabrics.