Friday, July 16, 2010

Disneyland

A friend of mine is staying with me for a few days while she finds an apartment, so my day was off to a late start. I just got in from the gym and had a package waiting for me. I purchase my protein and supplements through www.bodybuilding.com, this website has the best deals, check it out! Today I trained my back and shoulders and I am beat, I increased my weights and decreased my repetitions, I also did a ton of core work, had a great workout.

My younger cousin who lives in Northern California takes an annual vacation to Disneyland. Every year I meet him, take him to lunch, and spend the day with him. Yesterday at Disneyland I was seriously horrified from American obesity.

I live in Hollywood, where a big majority of the population takes care of themselves, I was not ready for what I saw yesterday. I want to first state that my horrification was not on looks, vanity stuff, I don't care if a person is "hot" or not, I was just extremely saddened by how unhealthy people are.

As I was sitting at a bench drinking black coffee, all I did was watch human beings. I counted over 35 people stroll past me before someone who was not obese did. That is what our population is??? All I could think about were that these human beings are going to die early. Cardiovascular disease is the #1 killer in this country, not to mention diabetes, stroke, hypertension, etc.

Please if you read this, I beg you to try and make some sort of changes. To live a healthy life isn't just about adding exercise to your day, it's about making the commitment to change your lifestyle. Breaking bad habits, adding healthy nutrients, and having a support network you can call on when you need help or that extra inspiration. Let's please work on becoming a healthier country for yourself and the ones who love you.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Research shows that interval training (when you alternate bursts of fast, intense activity with slower, more moderate movement), burns more calories and fat than traditional cardio. This weekend I dare you to try it out, 20-30 minutes is all you need!!!