Friday, July 30, 2010

Sleep

It's Friday, another week gone. This week I have been a little more tired than usual, could be the full moon we were in, or just life, who knows. Although my energy has been lower, I haven't missed a gym session, and it hasn't changed my mood. All and all, it's been a pretty good week.

So let's talk about sleep. I thought I would write about it on a Friday because the majority of people have the weekend off. How much sleep do you get on a regular night? I would like you to honestly think back this week and figure it out. Most of our population does not sleep enough. If that is your case, then I beg you to make some changes.

Sleep goes hand in hand with being a healthy human being. You need sleep for a number of reasons. If you are training your muscles regularly you need sleep for the recovery process. Not to mention those who don't sleep enough have lower energy, are moody, overeat, have slow reflexes, and age, to name a few. Honestly, when you sleep enough (6-8 hours a night), you just feel better. I know life gets hectic and we live in a crazy world, but make sleeping a priority and you will experience it's fabulous benefits.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Eat your meal in the following order: Veggies first, then the protein, then the whole-grain carbohydrates. Having veggies first satisfies your stomach and your brain. Fiber packed veggies are filling, by the time you get to the carbs-the danger zone for many people-you'll be ready to stop.