Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Time with Mom

My mother was in town visiting. It had been awhile since I have seen her, I devoted all my time and attention to her while she was in LA. I needed a good dose of mom. I'm really fortunate to have such a kind, caring, mother and I love her with all my heart.

However, I had to prepare myself for her arrival. My mother is overweight and not the healthiest, it really bothers me. I'm concerned for her health, and want her around as long as possible. I try and bite my tongue as best as can be, but I just want to train her like a drill sergeant.

During her stay I did get her to go with me to the gym one day. I let her work at her own pace, I was so happy to see her exercising. If my mother who is sixty years old, and had a knee replacement 2 years ago can get to the gym..........SO CAN YOU!!!!!! Please, love yourself enough to take 30 minutes and take care of your body!!!! At first it will be challenging, but then it will be like second nature and you will feel so much better.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
When you eat deserts, take your time eating. Sit down and savor the taste, use utensils (even if not needed), and chew your food slowly and properly. This will help you only eat one piece. This is how the owner of Sprinkles (a famous cupcake chain in LA) keeps her eating under control.