Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Alcohol consumption

I went out last night for dinner, drinks, and dancing with a bunch of my co-workers. It was so much fun, but I feel so slow today. I retired my drinking shoes, now I allow myself 2 glasses of wine or champagne a week. Hard liquor being completely off limits.

Last night I made an exception and had 3 glasses of champagne, I wasn't driving, and it was in a period of 4 hours. I feel slow today and don't like it. It has made me understand just how bad alcohol is for the human body. It's not only wasted calories, but the aftermath of drinking is what I really dislike.

Today it took everything in me to make it to the gym. I drank more caffeine than usual and although I wanted to make my training easy, I bucked up and performed my difficult full body treadmill routine I designed. Finally, I'm feeling much better, needed to sweat and push myself.

I understand we all need to relax and drinking alcohol is most every one's way of doing so. It's OK to drink, just drink in moderation and be aware of all the empty calories while your consuming alcohol. When a client comes to me in hopes of losing weight, the first thing I tell them is to cut out alcohol, you will be surprised how the weight will fall off when you quit drinking. I dare you party-goers to try it for a month.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
If you are out drinking stay away from the mixed drinks or shots that are filled with sugar. Drink your drink with no juice or cola, ask for it on the rocks with a lemon or lime, by doing so, you eliminate a ton of calories.