Monday, August 9, 2010

Change things up

This week I started my gym regimen differently. It's always good to change things up so you don't plateau. On Monday I usually endurance train on the bike or I perform my full body treadmill routine. I had to bartend last night, so I woke up a little later than normal and decided to work my glutes, hamstrings, and abs with balls and rubber bands.

The routine was only 45 minutes but I was burning the whole entire time. I want to stress that you do not need to spend multiple hours a day in a gym to see and feel results. Just make sure you are pushing yourself. After my workout I felt really good. I trained my muscles differently, I am sure I will be soar tomorrow. The general rule is if your not soar the next day after training, then you need to change the routine.

Have a fantastic evening and this week change at least one of your routines and feel the difference!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Most people think all sushi is healthy. Don't let those over sized specialty rolls fool you. Many specialty rolls incorporate fried fish, mayo-based sauces and even cheese. When going to a sushi restaurant make it healthier and stick with something simple (spicy tuna roll), and pair it with a cup of miso soup, a small seaweed salad, and a half a cup of edamame. This well rounded combo is about 445 calories.