Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Monitor your progress

I've had a late start to the day. I treated myself to sleeping in really late. I normally get my 7-8 hours a night, I slept much longer last night, and just allowed it. Sometimes you need to slow down and give in to rest. The key is to make sure it's rest, not depression. There is such a thing as to much sleep, if you are experiencing this, then I highly recommend seeing your physician.

Today I want to touch base on monitoring your progress. If you have a personal trainer or have hired a fitness professional then that's their job. If you are training on your own, then it's up to you. Today, a dear friend of mine, whom I've given a few routines to perform, sent me a thank you message that her body fat % was lower. She was ecstatic.

Monitoring your progress is essential. It helps you see what is working and what you might need to change. It's as easy as keeping a journal and writing down what you are performing. By monitoring your progress, you can see when you should be adding more weight to your strength training, changing your routines, evaluate if you are over-training, etc. In the case of my friend, she got great results today, and I'm sure because of these results it will motivate her to work even harder. When I was told the good news of her results, it inspired me and I started designing another routine for her, it made us both happy!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
It's summer time and most people enjoy ice cream now and then to beat the heat. Here's a way you can still have ice cream and not feel so guilty. Pair smaller portions of ice cream with juicy, in season fruit. It will help you not over indulge, and you will get nutrients from the fruit. Just remember to keep the portion of ice cream SMALL!!!!!