Thursday, August 19, 2010

Find your inner child

I had trouble falling asleep last night, for a great reason.....because I was excited for today. A friend whom I grew up with recently contacted me, he lives pretty close (Santa Barbara) and invited me to get out of crazy LA and relax in SB. I'm not working until Sat. so once again, I've done the unthinkable, I am being spontaneous and getting out of town. I'm a very structured person, I plan everything and have many daily routines, it makes it difficult for me to leave town, but everyone needs a break once in awhile, and catching up with an old friend is pretty fabulous!

I woke up feeling like a child......this made me think of a recent article I read on Marisa Tomei. Marisa Tomei is a talented academy award winning actress, in her forties, whom looks great. She is the cover girl of this months Shape magazine (aka my bible).

The article focused on how she has fun, like a child. I have read a TON of fitness magazines, the cover girl shares their workout plans and it usually consists of strength training with a celebrity personal trainer. Marisa's feature was on a weighted hula-hoop. Plane and simple. I thought it was fantastic, and it has made me want to purchase one. I love the fact that she is a mega-star and still has fun.

Don't ever loose your childish instincts.....have some fun today!!!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Cut back on your sodium intake. Sodium is really bad for you, and retains your water. Read the labels on your food and don't consume anything that has over 600 milligrams of sodium. Reading your labels and knowing what your putting in your body is essential.