Sunday, August 15, 2010

Move your body

I'm a little embarrassed to write this: I slept in this morning, a little bit past noon. I had to work last night, so I didn't get to sleep until 3am, but that's late.... even for me. This week I have had a lower amount of energy, and I don't know why. Whenever I feel low in energy, I look back at what my diet was within the last 2-3 days. A lot of times low energy usually means your missing some important nutrient, if you eat a healthy diet.

My diet was in perfect balance this week, why I've been so tired is a mystery. Thursday I strength trained for about 40 minutes in the morning,I planned on going to yoga in the evening. It took everything in me to get up and go, but after my practice I felt soooooooooo good. My point here is that even when you are tired, low in energy, etc. still try and do something to move your body. If you have to take it down a notch, it's still better to get up, move, and do something.

After my fabulous nights sleep, I did my hour of power, and then decided to take it easy with my training. Instead of going down to the gym, I did pole work for a little more than an hour. It was a different way to exercise, but it was still quite effective. Whenever I train on my fitness pole I always add an ab routine. In performing pole work a powerful core is necessary for the inverts. Now it's the late afternoon, and I'm happy that I exercised.

On the days your feeling a little slower it is ok to take it a little easier, just make sure to do some type of movement.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
A recent study of professionals with office jobs found that the subjects ate unhealthier lunches on the run. To stay trim, brown bag it. You save money, control over-eating with portion control, and stay in a healthier diet.