Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My change

Today has been pretty incredible. I live in Los Angeles, all of my family is in Northern California, I miss my family dearly and rarely get to see them. My young, handsome, cousin Phillip got accepted into a private college down here. He and my uncle came down for a visit and on their drive home met me for breakfast today. It felt good to be with family in my town. I really love my family.

After they dropped me off I went to the gym and trained my arms and abs. This, like yesterday, was only a 45 minute routine. I have felt a little fatigue lately, I want to prevent injury so I'm trying to spend as little time as possible at the gym. Today I completed a session that was only 45 minutes, but it was a hard 45 minutes.

Next, a long term friend of mine picked me up and we did the unthinkable (for me). Today I booked and paid for a tropical vacation. This might not sound extreme for most of you, however, it's a big deal for me. I have a problem, and my problem is that I don't slow down......EVER. I never take breaks. There's always another class I enroll in, or someone I need to help, it's always something. I am a complete work-aholic. The last real vacation I took was 6 years ago to Italy.....do you know anyone who waits 6 years for a vacation....that's crazy, and yes, I did have a fairytale adventure to New York in Feb., but that was different, the man I was dating had to promote his film, so it was all about him. Don't get me wrong, it very well could have been the most incredible time of my life.....but it was also stressful. Being "on" if you will.

So, at the end of the month I am going to slow down, I am going to not check my email, or my phone, or submit myself for acting jobs. The resort is really nice and has an amazing fitness center, yes, I will spend and hour every morning working out, but that doesn't count.....it's my de-stressor. What I am trying to get across to you is that we all have faults, weaknesses, problems. Take an honest look at your life and examine yours, look at what might not be working and try to make one simple change to improve your happiness.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
I have recently written about sleeping and how it is good for your health, well here is a fact: A harvard study of shift workers found that those who logged the least hours of slumber made the most unhealthy food choices and packed on more pounds than those who got sufficient amounts of shut-eye. Skimping on sleep increses levels of ghrelin, an appetite boosting hormone. It also ups the production of cortisol, a stress hormone that stimulates hunger. Bottom line, get the proper amount of sleep and you will eat less.