Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wiped out

Yesterday my allergies severely kicked my butt. I was forced to take it easy....a term that is very foreign to me. My weekend trip to Santa Barbara was so nice, reconnecting with an old childhood friend did wonders for me. I grew up in a small town in Northern California. I'm very fortunate that my friends from where I grew up I knew my whole childhood, and I have some damn good friends, they were all really good, honest people. Life was simple then, something I will cherish forever. I followed up my weekend with the John Mayer concert at the Hollywood Bowl Sunday evening. I went with girlfriends I work with and had the best time, John actually sounds much better live.

So now, it's Tuesday, and I'm rested feeling much better than yesterday. I'm contemplating what I will train in the gym today. I did light cardio yesterday, I wanted to try and sweat out my allergies.....it didn't work. The thing I have to remember is that when you are not at 100% you have to take it easy, if you don't it will only make you feel worse.

Today I will most likely strength train my legs with 5 exercises, no cardio. I'm going to try and do the circuit 3 times, but if I can only manage 2 then that's fine. I'll end with reverse crunches and stretching. It will be under an hour.

Please remember while your under the weather to take it easy. If I were completely sick with a cold I wouldn't train at all. It's my allergies, so I know i"m able to still use my body and not weaken my immune system.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
This is a simple exercise that everyone has time for and can do at home. The basic plank: Get into push-up position, and rest on your fore-arms, with knees and stomach off the floor and back and butt parallel to the ground. Hold for 30, 60, or 90 seconds. Do this three times four days a week. This strengthens your core and helps with posture.