Thursday, August 12, 2010

Don't be a prisoner

I woke up really early today, so by the time the afternoon rolled around I was able to watch some television. I wanted to watch Oprah, she was having a special on people who overcame their obesity with no surgeries or pills. As happy as I was for all these people, watching the show saddened me.

I think Oprah is one of the most remarkable people on this planet. She has dedicated her life to helping as many people as she can and has overcome numerous obstacles. Oprah is on a mission to get the American Obesity problem under control, I am with her on that. Getting back to the show, there were 21 people she featured. One by one they came out completely transformed and told their story.

The show was uplifting, I encourage you to watch it. It makes losing 20 lbs look really easy. What bothered me is that all of these people had a commonality......during their obesity they shared how they were prisoned in their bodies. I hate thinking there are people out there feeling like that, it breaks my heart. Each of these people had a moment, their "rock bottom" so to speak, something that made them say no to this imprisonment and change their lives.

If you are struggling with your weight and are feeling like a prisoner please make one simple change to break free. You can start by taking a 30 minute walk in the morning, then build from there. If your having a problem with binging and it's really bad and you have tried to control it and can't, ask someone who loves you to stay with you all night to help get you through it. One day can turn to ten, then twenty, then a hundred, and before you know it the problem will go away.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Instead of eating 3 large meals a day try and eat 5 small meals. Eating smaller amounts throughout the day keeps your metabolism up, you will burn more calories, and not feel the need to binge.