Saturday, August 7, 2010

Find Balance

Good morning! I love that it's Sat. morning and I've been up since 7 am. Bartending in night clubs takes a toll on my weekends, when I have a weekend night off I take complete advantage of it. I will also be training a client in about an hour, how fabulous!

I wanted to share yesterday with you. Friday was my "day off" from training. I train 6 days a week, this is because I am a professional, it's my job. I know exactly what I'm doing, and I will not injure myself or over-train any of my muscles. The average person only needs to train 3-5 days per week.

Yesterday I allowed myself to sleep in a bit, awoke to my hour of power (give thanks, pray, say incantations, visualize). Then a friend came over with lunch and downloaded a ton of new music on my computer for me. After we ate, we then went and saw Leonardo Dicaprio's new movie, Inception. Leo is one of my all time favorite actors, I have enjoyed watching him and have studied his acting his whole career. After the film, we went to a bookstore so I could get a new book. I recently joined a book club and have until Aug. 23rd to read Chelsea Handler's new one.

My friend then dropped me off and I decided to take a walk around my neighborhood. I walk to my bank in Larchmont Village. I checked out all the cool shops and really enjoyed myself and the neighborhood I call home. I then got some healthy groceries and had a long phone conversation with my sister. What a great day!

The reason I share this with you is because in order to be healthy and fit you need to find balance. You need to love yourself and do things that make you happy so you feel good. When you feel good you will have energy to make it to the gym, or exercise. It makes a huge difference. I spent years obsessed with my acting career: it's all I thought about and worked towards. I not only was miserable and depressed, but my career went nowhere because my "light" was out. This weekend do things that make you happy and spend time with people you love.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Your body needs 25 grams of fiber per day. Have a delicious bowl of oatmeal with some blueberries (antioxidants)in the morning. This will aid in your fiber intake and help with your digestion. Also, remeber to eat within 30 minutes of waking to start your metabolism. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Try this healthy breakfast for one week and you will feel the difference.