Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Depression

I've been very reluctant to blog about depression, however I know from personal experience how horrible it can be. One of the biggest keys to becoming truly healthy is happiness. I thought maybe if I could reach one person it would be worth it. So, I'd like to share my story, and I'll try to make it short.

I suffered a five year depression, yep, that's right, five years of my life. Believe me when I say I know the difference between not having the energy when your in the shower to lift your arms, so you don't wash your hair, compared to having a busy day, or training really hard and feeling tired........there is a huge difference.

When I was going through my depression I knew something wasn't right. I'm a very social person, always have been, I would get invited to events, birthday parties, weddings, etc. I missed them all because I didn't have it in me to get up, get ready, or even worse just didn't want talk to people. It was an awful time for me, I was way to skinny and just basically lifeless.

The reason I decided to blog about this is because I wish someone would have told me to see a doctor, or figured it out so to speak, so I could have gotten help early on. I'm not trying to push prescriptions on you, however I know people who have gone through traumatic events and mood elevators have helped. Even reaching out to someone to talk helps. We are living in hard times, and it's OK to seek help.

I started pulling out of my depression 3 years ago and now I am the healthiest and happiest I have ever been. I can't believe I lived for five years unhappy, and I don't wish that upon ANYONE. Please don't be like me, I know everything happens for a reason, and I'm extremely strong because of it, but if I could take those 5 years back I would. I wish you all to be healthy and happy!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Do one small or large thing today to love yourself!!!