Monday, May 17, 2010

Supplementation

It's the start of a new week. I just got done training and feel really good. Today was hardcore cardio. I cycled with intervals for almost an hour, gonna load up on food in a little while. For now I'm sipping on a protein shake. Remember, after training, your body needs nutrients within 30 minutes.

Every Monday I make a pit stop at Erewhon Natural Foods Market. I pick up my weekly supply of Kambucha, and peruse the supplement aisle. I know it's nerdy, I just plop down, read, and talk to the salespeople or customers. I love getting feedback from people and learning about new supplements.

People take supplements for many reasons. The use of dietary supplements can be beneficial. It's extremely hard to get all the nutrients your body needs in your daily diet (food consumption). Vitamins and minerals are essential components of food and are rquiered in very small amounts by the body. I recommend bare minimum taking a multivitamin and calcium. This will give you more energy and keep your bones strong.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
My all time most favorite dietary supplement is acai. This is a superfood that does wonders. If you are taking acai please take it in natural form. I recommend the dried, ground, powder made by Sambazon, or the natural liquid gel caps made by Gaia herbs. There are no fillers in either of these.