Thursday, May 6, 2010

Working the abs

I got off to a late start today, I had Cinco de Mayo fun last night. My legs were so soar from yesterdays training I decided to take today really easy. I was reading my Shape magazine while getting a pedicure and came across a great abdominal routine. So, today I gave it a try and focused on my abs.

The routine was fairly simple. First you stretch with a foam roller, followed by a few static stretches. Static stretching is when you hold a stretch with no movement. The abdominal circuit consisted of four exercises. The equipment needed was a large stability ball, and a handled resistance tube. After running through the circuit 2 times I added a few more exercises to complete my ab workout for the day.

I'm a fan of fitness magazines, they give you wonderful routines from great trainers. They also get my creative mind going, I always try the products featured. Hope you all enjoyed Cinco de Mayo, have a great evening.

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
When performing exercises for your abdomen's pay special attention to your breath. It is essential to breathe out when you are contracting the muscles. Also, get up 5 minutes earlier and do some crunches, I know you have 5 minutes, in no time you will see a difference.