Saturday, May 29, 2010

See the light

Just got done training, it's a beautiful day in sunny LA. I worked my glutes today, I mixed it up a bit. After completing my first portion (stretching, cardiovascular, core, balance, reactive) of training, I decided for the resistance part to work it circuit style. If you don't remember a circuit system of weight, or resistance training, is when you do multiple exercises back to back with little rest in between. I am tired but feel great.

I've been in a John Mayer mood lately. When I was hurt and laid up on my couch I watched a special on him, he's pretty fascinating, I would LOVE to sit down and talk with him. So, his CD Continuum has been my latest obsession. In the song, Gravity, he refers to light.

This rings true for health and fitness. Stay in the light, get outside, open those curtains, don't let the darkness creep in and take control. When I think back to my hard years, when I was sad and depressed, my apartment was really dark. So, today, see the light, enjoy it, move your body, and smile. Remember 30 minutes of exercise does wonders.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Do something nice for someone today. Big or small, a stranger, friend, relative..anyone. The rewards to giving, or contributing, are so much better than receiving. When you truly give from your heart, it's the most amazing feeling in the world. Just think, if every human being on the planet did something nice for someone, we would live in a much better place.