Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The simple equation

I am so pumped up right now. As most of you know, I'm studying my butt off to attain a personal trainer certification from The National Academy of Sports Medicine, let me just tell you the stuff I'm learning is AMAZING! Before this journey began I knew a lot about health and fitness, working out, etc., now I'm in another ball game so to speak.

Today I trained my arms, applying what I've been learning, and I am ecstatic to report, my first two sets I used 20lb weights. The last set I dropped down to 15lbs. This is beyond fabulous for me because I struggled to get to 15lbs, and now I'm up to 20lbs. It will be hard for me to lift my arms tomorrow and I WILL LOVE IT!!!

I understand that a majority of our population struggles with weight issues. Today I wanted to share the most simple equation for losing weight.

BURN MORE CALORIES THAN YOU CONSUME

It's that simple. If you eat fewer calories that are expended there will be a reduction in weight. It's basic math, and the only way to truly keeping weight off. If you make a lifestyle choice in diet, (food consumption), and exercise, you will lose weight. You can start out small, grow, and see where it goes.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
During your workout if you do standing exercises, cardio, etc., instead of sitting or lying on your back, you will burn more calories.