Monday, May 3, 2010

Go your distance

Another gorgeous day in LA. When I do make it to NYC, I will miss the LA weather. I hiked Runyon yesterday with Christine. When we reached the top of the mountain it was so gorgeous. There were so many little dogs out that were absolutely adorable. I love dogs, but because of my lifestyle a dog just isn't appropriate for me right now. It was nice to enjoy the little doggies.

Today was hardcore cardio. My personal fitness goal is to gain muscle, (increase lean body mass), I have to be careful I don't over do it with cardio. In order to gain muscle I must increase my caloric intake to exceed the amount that is burned to put weight on. So, I only do cardio once a week, to maintain a healthy heart.

I cycled today for a long time. I wanted to increase my endurance, go a longer distance at a lower resistance level. I hit my goal of 17.5 miles in a little over an hour. Today I went the distance. What's your distance so to speak? Today I challenge you to go for it! You can do it, I know you can!!!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
While your eating be sure to completely chew your food. Spend more time chewing, by properly chewing your food it helps your body break it down, absorb the nutrients, and digest it.