Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Water

Yesterday I hit a breakthrough. For those of you who don't know me personally, in the beginning of December I fractured my ankle. It was an awful, horrendous experience. I made a stupid mistake and missed a step in a department store. I couldn't walk for 10 weeks......did I mention I live by myself and drive a stick shift, (it was my left ankle). Recovering from this injury takes a lot of time, I've only been able to wear heels twice on special occasions. Anyways, before my injury I had a treadmill routine. It's pretty hardcore. It's 45 minutes, you change your pace, add inclines, there are lunges and hand weights involved also. Well, yesterday I did it!!!!! The ankle is almost 100%!!!

So let's talk water. In my lesson the other day there was a whole section devoted on water. It is so important to drink the required amount of water, I thought I would share the info. Here are some important reasons why you should be drinking your 96 ounces, or 3 quarts a day:

*Endocrine gland function improves
*Fluid retention is alleviated
*Liver functions improve, increasing the percentage of fat used for energy
*Natural thirst returns
*Appetite decreases significantly
*Metabolic functions improve
*Nutrients are distributed throughout the body
*Body-temperature regulation improves
*Blood volume is maintained

Please I beg and plead with you to hydrate your body and drink tons of water!!!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
If you start drinking large amounts of water this alone will help you start with weight loss. If you do workout on a regular basis remember to drink 20-40 oz of water for every hour of exercise.