Friday, May 7, 2010

Habits

I went to bed really early and slept like a baby last night. If you don't remember I'm a HUGE advocate of getting the proper amount of sleep. I was able to really push myself training my back today because I was so rested. I love sleeping, it gives your muscles a chance to rebuild. I strive for 8 hours a night.

Today I'd like to talk about habits, not bad habits, good habits. I frequently get asked, "How do you get to the gym or exercise everyday"? Honestly, I've made it a routine, or a good habit. For me, it's like brushing my teeth. We all wake up and brush our teeth, it's a habit that comes naturally, that we just do. I feel the same way when I think about health and fitness. I wake up, give my hour of thanks and prayer while I eat a healthy breakfast, then get to my training.

Today I encourage you to start a good habit. Big or small, something that's going to improve your overall health. Have a great weekend!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Make it a habit to eat breakfast. So many people skip out on this important meal. Breakfast starts your metabolism, and it's a proven fact if you eat breakfast you will eat less throughout the day. If you are slammed for time, grab an apple or healthy breakfast bar. If you do have the time pair your breakfast with green tea to really jump start your metabolism.