Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2 main reasons people join a gym

I completely killed myself at the gym today. I'm telling you, if you want to push yourself, start your training with sprinting, man, it really kicks your butt. I purchased a new ipod a few months ago, I'm not very computer savy, so I was waiting for a friend who offered to set it up for me. I realized it had been in the box for 2months, so I set it up myself and downloaded a ton of new music. I felt really happy that I accomplished this on my own, and with all this new music I'm really pumped up while I'm training.

Did you know that there are 2 main (not only, but main) reasons people join a gym and start a fitness regimen? They are:

1. For fat reduction
2. To gain lean body mass.

I read an article about this last night. It's very important to know exactly what you want, what outcome you would like. These 2 reasons are COMPLETELY different, and require a completely different way of training. For instance, my goal is to gain lean body mass, which means I NEED to consume more energy than I expend. If I don't feed my body with enough macro nutrients (protein, fat, carbohydrates, water), then I will not be able to gain muscle.

Now, if your goal is for fat reduction then it's simple: expend more energy than you consume. Remember, you still need to eat enough, you just have to watch your calories and make sure your eating healthy and performing more cardiorespiratory exercises, along with resistance (weight) training.

So, what's your goal? What outcome would you like to see? Know it, write it down, and start achieving it today!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size your are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
When taking vitamin and mineral supplements, space 15 minutes apart from coffee, tea, or wine. These beverages contain compounds called tannins which can block the uptake of certain nutrients. Caffeine also speeds up the gastrointestinal tract, so your body may not have a chance to digest all the nutrients.