Saturday, June 19, 2010

CPR certified

Today I am splitting up my workout. I went to my gym downstairs and worked my back and shoulders. I had the gym all to myself, so I REALLY rocked out to my new music and yelled at myself. If security were watching the tapes they most likely think I'm a nut, haha. In about an hour I'm going to pick up Christine and hike Runyon canyon.....can't wait to see her and catch up.

So, I'm proud to say I am CPR certified. In order to become a certified personal trainer you are required to pass your CPR certification. At N.A.S.M. (the school I'm getting certified through), you need your actual CPR card in order to take the personal training test. I should receive my card in about a week, can't wait for my big test.

I highly recommend anyone with children to become CPR certified. It is a skill that is incredibly valuable. I now am trained to save someones life. I know exactly how to keep someone breathing until proper medical attention arrives, it feels really good to know that. Most classes are held in the evenings, and are around 3 hours. I got lucky and there were only 3 people in my class, I received all the information one on one. It was pretty fabulous!!!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
This is a no brainer. Incorporate garlic into your diet. Garlic is natures natural antibiotic. Especially if your feeling run down, I don't want any of you getting sick!